Original woodblock print vertical diptych - Katsukawa Shunsen (1762-1830) (aka Shunko II) - Courtesan in an iris kimono and a dragon/dragon tooth obi - Japan - ca 1820-30s (Edo period)
A rare print by a rare artist. A vertical diptych attached in the middle, a kakemono.
Full size. No mendings. It has possibly had some embossing, a bit hard to see now. Some wrinkles throughout. It has been mounted as a scroll before and rolled at some point. It has a thin backing paper. Faded colors. Minor paper remnants on the reverse side along the top margin. Minor tanning, rubbing and surface dirt. A few stains.
Will be shipped flat, folded in the middle where the seams meet and well protected. (Insured within Europe).
- Diptyque vertical original à gravure sur bois
- Impression sur bois polychrome Nishiki-e (brocart)
- ca 1820-30s (période Edo)
- Région/Pays d’origine
- Katsukawa Shunsen (1762-1830) (aka Shunko II)
- Titre de l’œuvre d’art
- Courtesan in an iris kimono and a dragon/dragon tooth obi
- État acceptable, voir la description
- 0×25×72 cm