Original woodblock print - Utagawa Yoshitora (act. ca. 1836-1887) - "Tenmangu" 天満宮 (Shrine dedicated to Sugawara no Michizane, patron of scholarship) - Japan - 1869 (Meiji 2), 4th month
For an almost identical composition by Utagawa Yoshikazu (1848-70) see Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: https://collections.mfa.org/objects/328268
He joined Utagawa school master Kuniyoshi's studio and become one of the master's students.
he took on Utagawa as a surname, and also used the surname Ichi Mousai(一猛斎),Mousai(孟斎),NishikichoEuro(錦朝楼),as an art name, and also used his birth surname as an art name in his career.
Utagawa Yoshitora is name 'Ichimosai' 一猛斎" in his signature.
As it is an old Roller, it has holes.
Roller ends made of bamboo
- Gravure originale sur bois
- Impression sur bois polychrome Nishiki-e (brocart)
- 1869 (Meiji 2), 4e mois
- Région/Pays d’origine
- Utagawa Yoshitora (act. ca. 1836-1887)
- Animal, Samouraï
- Titre de l’œuvre d’art
- "Tenmangu" 天満宮 (Shrine dedicated to Sugawara no Michizane, patron of scholarship)
- Très bon état, voir la description
- 1020×240×0 mm