Type of jewel: Antique diamond gold pendant with hardstone cameo and natural pearls
Condition: very good
Style: Antique Victorian
Era: ca. 1890
Material: 18K yellow gold (touchstone tested)
Technique: Cameo is a method of carving, or an item of jewellery or vessel made in this manner. It features a raised (positive) relief image. There are three main materials for Cameo carving; Shells or Agate (called a Hardstone cameo), and glass. Cameos can be produced by setting a carved relief, such as a portrait, onto a background of a contrasting colour. This is called an assembled cameo. Alternately, a cameo can be carved directly out of a material with integral layers or banding, such as (banded) agate or layered glass, where different layers have different colours. Sometimes dyes are used to enhance these colours. Cameos are often worn as jewellery. Stone cameos of great artistry were made in Greece dating back as far as the 6th century BC. They were very popular in Ancient Rome, and one of the most famous stone cameos from this period is the Gemma Claudia made for the Emperor Claudius. The technique has since enjoyed periodic revivals, notably in the early Renaissance, and again in the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries.
Extra information: is being sold without pictured chain/necklace
Diamond(s): 20 rose cut tested and guaranteed natural diamonds. We do not have the weight of these diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cuts.
We have all diamonds in all our vintage and antique jewellery tested by the IJGC - lab whether they are natural diamonds or lab-grown diamonds. When diamonds in our jewellery turn out to be lab-grown we don't offer them. Therefore we guarantee that all diamonds in this jewel are 100% natural.
Precious stone(s): Four natural orient salt water pearls and one cornelian hardstone cameo
Birth and month stones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April, pearl for June and cornelian for July,
Hallmarks: No trace.
Dimensions: height 3,17 cm (1,25 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 2,70 gram (1,74 dwt)
Adin reference Nº: 20055-0056
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped!
- Comes with professional report of authenticity.
- Shipping insured and registered (or pick it up).
- Outside EU import duties etc. may apply.
- Check our feedback here to see how happy our customers are!
- See more of our products, visit: https:// auction.catawiki.com/lotsfrom/Adin
- Antique victorienne, Anno 1890, Pendentif
- Or jaune
- Finesse du matériau
- 18 carats
- height 3,17 cm (1,25 inch)
- Poids total
- 2.7 g
- Très bon état, légèrement utilisé avec de petits signes d'usure
- Pierre principale
- - Caméo
- Traitement de la pierre principale
- Naturel (non traité)
- Les pierres environnantes
- Diamants, Naturel (non traité), AUCUN PRIX DE RÉSERVE, Perles