14 page personal letter from Fmr. Lieutenant Governor General Jean Chrétien Baud to Governor General Mr. P. (Pieter) Merkus.
Dated: The Hague 26 October 1843.
14 handwritten pages on paper. Not bound together.
The letter deals mostly with the rural and trade situation in the Dutch East Indies and The Netherlands.
Condition: good old condition, some minor wear and the expected discolorations. (see pictures)
Will be well packaged and sent by registered mail.
PLEASE NOTE : Original official letters / documents like these are very rare and seldom put up for auction!
Jean Chrétien baron Baud (23 October 1789 - 27 June 1859) was a Dutch officer of the Navy, later on he was also Minister of Navy, Minister of Colonies and Lieutenant Governor General of the Dutch East Indies.
Pieter Merkus (18 March 1787 – 2 August 1844) was a Dutch colonial administrator and Governor-General of the Dutch East Indies from 1841 to 1844. He also served as governor of the Molucca Islands.
- Lettre autographe signée (ALS)
- Nombre de livres
- Histoire, Histoire coloniale, Manuscrits, Militaria, Nederlands Indië Lettre Brief Document Nederlands-Indië koloniale geschiedenis, Politique, Voyages et découvertes
- Auteur/ Illustrateur
- (Dutch East Indies) Fmr. Lieutenant Governor General Jean Chrétien Baud
- Titre du livre
- Manuscript; Signed 14 page letter to Governor General Mr. P. (Pieter) Merkus
- Bon état
- Année de publication de l’ouvrage le plus ancien
- Langue originale
- Page simple
- Nombre de pages
- 28×22 cm