Letter signed by Hugues-Bernard Maret Duke of Bassano, addressed to Baron Brignon in the aftermath of the retreat of Russia.
The Duke writes from Paris about a dispatch received, which passed under the eyes of Napoleon.
He then communicates his approval of what has been done to General Daendals.
Inside the letter there is an encrypted part with which Maret gives precise indications on how to find the money to cover the expenses incurred; the Duke then communicates to the Baron that he has a detailed report on the Army of the Duchy and on what it will be possible to do in the current state of affairs.
The document currently includes a coeval handwritten page containing the decryption of the encrypted text.
Handwritten pages: 2
Autograph with certificate of authenticity (COA-R), registered in our archives.
- Lettre dactylographiée signée (TLS)
- Nombre de livres
- Époque napoléonienne, Histoire, Histoire militaire, Manuscrits
- Auteur/ Illustrateur
- Hugues-Bernard Maret Ambassador of Napoleon Bonaparte
- Titre du livre
- Autograph; Encrypted Letter for Russia Retreat, (plus decoding code manuscript), from Paris
- Très bon état
- Année de publication de l’ouvrage le plus ancien
- 1ère édition
- En code, Français
- Langue originale
- Page simple
- Signé(e), Signé(e) par l'auteur
- Nombre de pages
- 31.5×20 cm