Sandstone Cambodia, Khmer Kingdom, Angkor period, Bayon style, 10th/11th century.
A triangular shaped stele with the depiction of Yaksha in the centre of a flamed niche. Seated in royal ease on a row of three diminutive figures, his left hand resting on his knee and his right hand holding a mace. Mounted on a metal base (later).
Dimensions: 45 x 34 cm. Condition is consistent with its age.
- Old private collection, Amsterdam, 1970s.
- A certificate of authenticity from Becker Antiques (specialist in Asian art since 1969, Amsterdam) will accompany the item.
- All items can be bought/sold legally under the cultural patrimony covering The Netherlands and are guaranteed to be as described, or your money will be refunded.
The seller guarantees that he is entitled to ship this lot.
It will be packaged professionally and sent safely in a wooden crate by FedEx.
Buyers will be responsible for import regulations and restrictions of their own country.
Becker Antiques is one of the leading reputable antique dealers in the Netherlands. Becker Antiques is a name and place that speaks of excellent antiques and art, superb service and worldwide expertise. Founded in 1969 by Jan Simon Becker, Becker Antiques is based in Museum quarter, Amsterdam Old-South (Oud-Zoud), in a magnificent five-floor townhouse built in 1891, at a few minutes from 'Rijksmuseum' (National Museum of Art), the Van Gogh Museum and the famous 'Royal Concertgebouw'.
Becker Antiques' main field covers ceramics – pottery funerary figures (dating from the Han through the Ming dynasties), Buddhist sculptures and other Chinese works of art. Our other sections are Asian works of art – concerning objects from Japan and South East Asian countries including bronze, stone and wooden sculptures, Chinese furniture from the Qing dynasty and of course occasional other items.
For the last 50 years we have been selling antiques to museums, private collectors and dealers all over the world.
- Nombre total d’articles
- Yaksha gardien
- Empire Khmer (Cambodge) (802–1432)
- Région/Pays d’origine
- Titre de l’œuvre d’art
- Khmer Sandstone Relief of a Guardian Yaksha, 10th/11th
- Très bon état, voir la description
- 45×34×20 cm