A beautiful work by the Groninger Ploeg painter and etcher Karel Arkema. The work shows an abstract representation of various scenes, such as
- 2 naked women working in the garden
- In addition, a card game with diamonds 6 and hearts 5
- Furthermore, a shed and factory with trees and a shell
- Some scenes still inspired by the Second World War as a Jewish star in the sun where the lower part of the etching can also represent a hiding scene. We also see a sea mine on the left.
Signed by hand.
Will be shipped well packed and with insurance via Post.nl or it can be picked up in Groningen.
Info: Karel Arkema.
Karel Frederik Arkema (1901-1964) was born in Appingedam.
After the crafts school he studied at the Academy of Fine Arts Minerva in Groningen.
Karel originally painted realistic-expressionistic but was influenced by the expressionism of ‘De Ploeg’. In his last years he also sought the non-figurative and abstract style.
- Karel Arkema 1901-1965 (Groninger Ploeg)
- Titre de l'oeuvre d'art
- "Naakten in de tuin"
- Bon état
- Taille de l’image
- 23×17 cm
- Dimensions totales
- 49×34×3 cm
- Cadre inclus