Fired in antiquity!!!
It is very rare to find any of these figures with gold pigment!! Tang figure with similar pigment (gilded) are illustrated in Chana, Dawn of the Golden Age, 200-750 A.D., The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, horse and female rider, p. 290 pl. 182, also civil and military officials, p. 292, pl. 184. All figures painted and gilded!!! See photos # 41 and 42
Outstanding pottery "mingqi" representing a painted and gilded pottery model of a horse and male rider.
Red earthenware coated with white slip and remains of green, dark green, blue, gold, black and red pigment.
Tang Dynasty (618-907), Chang’an, Shaanxi province, China
Height: 36 cm.
Width: 29 cm.
- A Certificate of Authenticity from Becker Antiques (specialist in Chinese pottery since 1969, Amsterdam) will accompany the item.
- All items legal to buy/sell under The Netherlands covering cultural patrimony, and are guaranteed to be as described or your money back.
- The result of the thermoluminescence test, is consistent with the dating of the item, Tang dynasty (ca. 1250 years old). Sampling in 3 different points
- Provenance: Very important and old private German collection, Mr. W. R., Wiesbaden collected before 1995.
A painted, gilded and finely modelled horse, with dark green body, supporting a male rider and a bird, long sleeves covering the tow hands and the hair is swept up into a topknot and wrapped in a gilded kerchief called a putout.
The seller guarantees that he is entitled to ship this lot.
It will be professionally packed and safely send in a wooden crate by FedEx.
Buyers are responsible for import regulation and restrictions of their own country
- Peint à la main
- Terre cuite
- Dynastie Tang (618–907)
- Région/Pays d’origine
- Titre de l’œuvre d’art
- A Painted and Gilded Red Pottery Horse and Male Rider, TL test
- Très bon état, voir la description
- 36×29×10 cm